The Jordan 1 Bred is the most worn sneaker among the Jordan Brand line. Its popularity stretches across sneakerheads, and casual sneaker wears alike. However, cleaning them can be tricky, here is the right way to make your Jordan’s look nearly new again.
- Remove the laces and set aside to clean later. Then take your shoe tree and insert in the sneaker. This will give you a better surface to apply more pressure while you are cleaning your shoes.
- Using an all-natural, dye free cleaner, add a small amount to a bowl filled with water. (Many shoe cleaners on the market are known to stain shoes due to dye or chemicals, we recommend using this sneaker cleaner.)
- In order to mix the solution, take a delicate brush (it is important to use a brush with soft bristles on the Jordan’s premium leather) and lightly stir the solution using the bristles.
- Once mixed, you can apply the solution to the Jordan using the soft brush in circular motions over the entire uppers.
- After using the delicate brush to lather the entire upper of the shoe. You can go back over the uppers using a brush with slightly stiffer bristles (we like this medium bristle brush) and hit some of the more stubborn stains if needed. Using the stiffer bristles helps loosen some dirt that the soft brush couldn’t get. Also, with the medium brush you can scrub the midsoles in a back and forth motion to removed dirt trapped in the rubber cracks.
- Once the entire upper has been cleaned, you can move onto the soles, cleaning them with a very stiff brush. The soles are likely to have the most dirt and grime, and when that gets trapped in the Jordan 1’s deep grooves you need to use a brush that has tough bristles.
- Lastly, using a microfiber towel, pat the entire shoe down, and let air dry.
- The final step is to take the shoe laces that you set aside and dunk them in the remaining solution mixture and lather by rubbing them in between your hands.
Check out those amazing results and to learn more watch our video here!